Allow an app through firewall (Windows 11)
Firewall settings can often be the culprit when an application is unable to access the local network.
In order to grant an application access through the firewall, follow the steps outlined below.
For windows 10 go here.
1. Open the Windows Security app.
You can do this by opening the app from the start menu:
Or by searching for “Windows Security”:
2. Click on Firewall and network protection
3. Click on Allow an app through firewall
4. Click Change settings (if the button is enabled)
5. Select the app you want to allow through the firewall
Click “Allow another app”:
Find and select the application which needs acces:
Click add to confirm:
6. Check on which type of networks an app can access the network
Private – allows the app access to private networks
Public – allows the app access to public networks
7. Click the OK button to confirm