Stream audio to your mobile device in real time
How many hours have you spent waiting for a bounce to finish – just because you had to transfer those music files to your phone? We’ve been there too. Frustrated. All that for a brief listen of our mix on our phone. Quality should not be time consuming. That’s why we decided to stop bouncing. With Mix to Mobile.
Stop bouncing, start mixing
Mix to Mobile makes it fun and easy to listen to your mix on your mobile device. You no longer have to bounce your project and send it to your phone. Just by using our plugin and app, you are now able to instantly listen to your mix in real time, get feedback and make proper adjustments. Instead of waiting, spend your time wisely: resting assured your mix sounds great on mobile.
It's really that easy
Get going in three steps
- Place the plugin on the track you want to listen to
- Open the mobile app
- Click “Start listening” on the stream you want to listen to
And you’re done.
Mixing & mastering
SendermacOS 10.13 and up
SenderWindows 10 and up
ReceiveriOS 12.0 and up
How it really works
The technical stuff
The Mix to Mobile app receives high quality, low latency, lossless audio streams directly from your DAW. The separate sender plugin is available as AudioUnit, AAX & VST3 on macOS and Windows. Mix to Mobile uses your local network to send the audio to your mobile device, including WiFi. You can send and receive multiple streams simultaneously.
How to get started
- After purchasing the plugin, it’s only a matter of downloading the installer and letting the installer wizard work it’s magic.
- After that, head to the App Store and download the Mix to Mobile app.
- Start your favorite DAW, add the plugin to your track and open the app. Immediately, your mix will appear. All you have to do is hit ‘Start listening’, and let the music come to your ears. Literally.
Yes: at the moment you can only stream from your DAW using the plugin. However, we’re planning on releasing a standalone sender application which will allow you to stream directly from your audio input device to mobile devices. Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated!
- First make sure your mobile and your computer are on the same network.
- Try using DHCP if possible.
- If possible, enable IPv6. Mix to Mobile will prefer IPv6 above IPv4 with the advantage that IPv6 ‘just works’. Most of the times.
- Mix to Mobile uses multicast networking to discover streams. Some network devices block multicast. Consult the documentation of your devices. Reach out to us if you need further assistance!
We try to make Mix to Mobile as stable as possible, but we do rely on your WiFi connection. Please keep in mind that the stability of your connection greatly influences the amount of glitches and dropouts you might experience.
Yes! By connecting your iPhone or iPad directly to your Mac with a USB cable. This is known to work on recent iOS/macOS versions.
The audio sent to your mobile device is lossless and if the sample rate of your DAW matches the sample rate of your mobile device, no conversion will happen. If your DAW runs at another rate, the audio will be converted transparently.