The protection of your personal data is very important to us. In the following we would like to inform you in detail about the type, scope and purpose of the processing of your personal data when visiting our website (“Website”) and using any of our software products (the “Software”).
1. Data controller / Responsibility
Data controller according to Art. 4 No. 7 EU of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”):
Ruurd Christiaan Adema d/b/a Sound On Digital
When you visit our Website (https://soundondigital.com including any subdomains) for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not send us information elsewhere, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our Website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our Website and to ensure its stability and security. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para 1 lit. f GDPR:
- IP address,
- Date and time of the request,
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”),
- Content of the request (“concrete page”),
- Access Status/ HTTP Status Code,
- Amount of data transferred in each case,
- Website from which the request comes,
- Operating system and its interface,
- Language and version of the browser software.
Our Website is hosted by the service provider Siteground (https://www.siteground.com/). The data collected on our website, including e-mails, is therefore stored on Siteground’s servers which are located in the EU.
Cookies are used on our Website in order to make visiting our Website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions. Cookies are text files that are stored in the internet browser or by the internet browser on the user’s computer system. If a user calls up a website, a cookie can be stored on the user’s operating system. This cookie contains a characteristic string of characters that enables the browser to be uniquely identified when the website is visited again.
We use necessary (essential, absolutely necessary) cookies. These cookies are absolutely necessary for the operation of a website, for example to store logins or other user entries or for security reasons.
Non-essential cookies and other technologies are only placed on your computer or device if you have consented to us doing so.
4. Collection of personal data when contacting us by e-mail
When you contact us by e-mail, the data you provide (i.e., e-mail address, name, telephone number, etc.) will be stored by us in order to answer your inquiry. The data will be used exclusively for processing the conversation.
The legal basis for the processing of the data is the consent by sending your information according to Art. 6 Para 1 lit. a GDPR (Consent). If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract (e.g., obtaining information about our services), the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 Para 1 lit. b GDPR (Performance of a Contract).
5. Collection of personal data when creating a user login account
If you wish to obtain a license to our Software, you must register on our Website with the required information (registration data), which may include
- First and last name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Username and password
After entering your registration data, this data is stored in the Sound On Digital registration database together with a license key and your hardware’s technical specifications. To use the Software, the Software must be authorized in an online process in order to activate it. In addition to the requested data, you can voluntarily provide further data in your account settings. As part of the registration process, we obtain your consent to the processing of your registration data and other data. If you have given your consent, the legal basis for processing your registration data and other data is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit a. f GDPR. If the registration serves to fulfill a contract to which you are a party or to carry out pre-contractual measures, the legal basis for processing your registration data and other data is also Art. 6 Para. 1 lit b. f GDPR.
We use the registration data for the establishment and processing of user registrations, in particular for your unique identification, for the creation and management of your user account, for the authorization of the Software license and for contacting you when necessary.
Your registration data and all other personal data can be deleted if you send a corresponding request by email to email@example.com. Your request for deletion will then be confirmed and carried out.
If your registration data and the other data are required to fulfill a contract to which you are a party or to carry out pre-contractual measures, the data will only be deleted when they are no longer required for the fulfillment of the contract or pre-contractual measures. However, we would like to point out that it may be necessary to save your registration data even after the contract has been fulfilled in order to meet contractual or legal obligations.
You can revoke your consent to the processing of your registration data and other data at any time with effect for the future. The legality of the processing of your registration data based on your consent up to the point of revocation is not affected. If your registration data is required to fulfill a contract or to carry out pre-contractual measures, (premature) deletion of your data is only possible if there are no contractual or legal obligations to prevent deletion.
6. Collection of personal data when using the Software
When using the Software, we collect information about your Software license, information about your interactions with the Software, inferences drawn about your interests and preferences based on your usage of the Software and certain technical data (e.g., online identifiers including cookie data and IP addresses, information about the types of devices you are using, device type, operating system, installed version of the Sound On Digital Software) (collectively “Usage Data”). Processing of such Usage Data is necessary to provide and personalize the Software, to provide you with and install the most recent version of the Software, to understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Software, and to fulfill our contractual obligations described in our EULA.
The legal basis of processing your Usage Data is Art. 6 Para 1 lit. b GDPR (Performance of a Contract).
7. Collection of personal data for receiving our newsletter
You have the option of subscribing to our free newsletter via our Website by entering your email address. When you register to receive our newsletter, we obtain your consent to the processing of your data for such purpose.
The legal basis for processing your data after registering for our newsletter is Art. 6 Para 1 lit. a GDPR (Consent).
We will only use the email address you provided to send our newsletter to you.
The email address you provide will only be stored by us for as long as you would like to receive our newsletter. You can revoke your consent to us at any time and thereby unsubscribe from the newsletter with effect for the future. You can also revoke your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the footer of each newsletter. Withdrawing your consent does not affect the legality of the processing of your data for the receipt of the newsletter based on your consent up to the point of withdrawal.
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para 1 lit. a (Consent) in conjunction with Art. 49 Para 1 lit. b GDPR.
8. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned above. We will also only share your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to disclose the data pursuant to Art. 6 Para 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and should be necessary for the processing of contractual relationships in accordance with Art. 6 Para 1 lit. b GDPR.
- General data deletion and storage period
Your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the data storage no longer applies and there is no need for store the data. A requirement for the storage of personal data exists in particular if the data is still needed to fulfill contractual services, to check and grant or ward off warranty and guarantee claims. In the case of legal storage obligations, deletion only comes into consideration after expiry of the respective storage obligation. Furthermore, storage can be carried out if this has been provided for by the European Union (“EU”) or national legislator. The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless it is necessary to continue storing the data for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
- Data processing outside the European Union
Your personal data will only be transferred to countries outside the EU and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) if you have given your consent (Art. 6 Para 1 lit. a GDPR) or on the basis of standard contractual clauses within the meaning of Art. 46 Para 2 lit. c GDPR.
- Automated decision making, profiling
Automated decision-making including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR does not take place.
- Links to other websites
- Your rights as a data subject
- You have the right of access to personal data concerning you in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. You can contact us for information at any time. In the case of a request for information that is not made in writing, we kindly ask for your understanding that we may ask you to provide evidence that proves that you are the person you claim to be.
- You have the right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR, erasure (“Right to be forgotten”) according to Art. 17 GDPR or restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as you are legally entitled to do so.
- You have a right to object under Art. 21 GDPR to processing within the framework of the legal requirements, insofar as the processing of data is based on Art. 6 Para 1 lit. f GDPR.
- You also have a right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR within the framework of data protection regulations and to the extent technically feasible.
- If you have given your consent to process your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, please explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either stop or adapt the data processing or inform you of our compelling reasons for continuing the processing.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of personal data by us to a data protection authority. However, we encourage you to reach out to us first to give us the chance to react appropriately to any requests or concerns you may have.
Status: May 6, 2022